Old 19-09-2017, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Cucumber Recommendation

On 18/09/17 20:27, Endulini wrote:
Hi Folks,

The family have requested that we try growing some cucumbers next year; I
have access to a smallish greenhouse if necessary but no idea which variety
would be most suited to trying in Cheshire. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

I've grown Marketmore 76 for the last 3 years. It will grow outside, and
crops fairly well. You need to harvest when it's about 15 cm long. The
flavour is good, but it has a skin which is tough and slightly spiny. It
really needs to be peeled before eating.

--

Jeff