Old 19-09-2017, 04:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Malcolm Race[_2_] Malcolm Race[_2_] is offline

Default Cucumber Recommendation

On 19/09/2017 16:16, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 18 Sep 2017 20:27, "Endulini" wrote:
Hi Folks,

The family have requested that we try growing some cucumbers next year; I
have access to a smallish greenhouse if necessary but no idea which variety
would be most suited to trying in Cheshire. Any suggestions?

Neighbour on the allotments grew Lunchbox cucumbers this year, very
impressive results. Nice small cucumbers, good flavour, thin skins, but
you do need to keep cropping almost daily.

20+ years ago I grew petita, about 6inches long. as far as I can
remember it was as good as anything else we grew. I would suggest small
cucumbers as (depending on your consumption) you will bw eating fresher
cucumbers on the whole

Malcolm