Old 19-09-2017, 06:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Is there anyone there?

On 19/09/17 16:20, Bob Hobden wrote:
On 19 Sep 2017 08:07, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 19:56:54 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

No posts for a while, is this still going???????????????????

Very much so, but been out in the garden taking advantage of a couple
of days of fine weather to get beds weeded and garden ready for
winter. But like Usenet generally, I suspect this group is on the
decline; everyone's moving to blogs these days, it seems.

Yes Chris, unfortunately they are. My landrover group which was very
busy has died completely, I've tried the blogs they have moved too and
not to my liking. Suspect it's that most people use web based mail and
never configure an email client let alone try to get to Newsgroups
which they probably have never heard of. Suits the ISPs too.

I think that you are right, unfortunately. I don't know about Apple
apps, but I believe that there is only one fairly decent newsreader app
for android (Piaohong), and that isn't free if you want full functionality.

I'll stick with Linux and TB (until the Mozilla devs decide to fiddle
with it...).

--

Jeff