Old 22-09-2017, 12:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default the storm

On 9/22/2017 3:40 AM, songbird wrote:
Derald wrote:
'bird, I'm probably finally going to dig that damned hole instead of
using an above ground pool but _shall_ have a mosquito hatchery in full
production RSN..

if you are only using the water for gardens and
flushing the emergency toilet you could put a screen
over it to keep the raccoonians out of there and
have a few black mollies, guppies or other surface
feeders to keep the skeeters down. or an even
finer mesh to keep them from getting in and laying
eggs. though to me the joy of keeping a pond would
be to be able to have a froggy or toad spot. i miss
the good old days when we had ponds to swim in out
back.

For reasons even more wildly off-topic, this storm has deepened my
resolve to avoid union-made products or services _and_ Walmart (a
gigantic predacious retailer) stores at (almost) any cost and has
convinced me that the "Walmart Shopper" is a distinct subspecies of
human being.

ok, well, i guess i'm that, but not often if it were
my own device/gumption and not Mom's i'm not sure how
much i would shop there as it is far enough away.

songbird

I seldom buy anything from Walmart, it seems that most of their items
are from some country I never heard of and the items have a less than 30
day lifetime. My wife buys cloth for sewing up stuff for the grands and
great grands so she stays happy with cheap stuff they have and the kids
don't keep the stuff long anyway. Heck, I have shirts and slacks that
are over 20 years old that still fit and aren't worn out as my daily
clothing is a pair of cheap shorts and a tee shirt that is about worn
out but feels good. I have good shoes that are older than some of my
grandchildren and no one knows the difference.

George, up early giving the dawg her meds, everyone in this household
has a bottle of something the doctors said was good for us. Tomorrow I
will be 78 years old and I don't expect any presents either. G I'm
aiming, eventually for 100 or more, yeah, that works, sure!