Old 24-09-2017, 07:14 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default the storm

George Shirley wrote:
and only eat the heads. I never had a raccoon mess up my garden, they
went for the chickens, pigeons, and even the caged rabbits. They may be
cute little bandits but they will scratch, bite, whatever they can do to
you. Be careful of them or maybe you have peaceful raccoons, ours fought
all the time.

i rarely ever hear them (i keep the patio door closed
at night because i can't sleep with night time noises
from birds, animals and bugs), but i have had them climb
the screen door a few times (youngsters playing)...
i've never seen them in the daytime.

we don't keep animals outside (i keep my worm farm in
this room). so nothing is set up to attract them as best
i can manage and they seem to leave things alone other
than flipping some pieces of wood over once in a while.
i'm ok with that as they help break it down that ways
scratching for goodies.

songbird