Old 25-09-2017, 06:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Frank Frank is offline

Default the storm

On 9/25/2017 1:19 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 9/25/2017 11:37 AM, Frank wrote:
On 9/24/2017 11:24 PM, Muggles wrote:
On 9/24/2017 7:41 PM, Frank wrote:
On 9/23/2017 3:44 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 9/23/2017 1:22 PM, songbird wrote:
George Shirley wrote:
I seldom buy anything from Walmart, it seems that most of their
items
are from some country I never heard of and the items have a less
than 30
day lifetime.

Â*Â*Â* they have a Made in USA push (sorta) going on
as we are finding more items made here.

My wife buys cloth for sewing up stuff for the grands and
great grands so she stays happy with cheap stuff they have and
the kids
don't keep the stuff long anyway. Heck, I have shirts and slacks
that
are over 20 years old that still fit and aren't worn out as my daily
clothing is a pair of cheap shorts and a tee shirt that is about
worn
out but feels good. I have good shoes that are older than some of my
grandchildren and no one knows the difference.

Â*Â*Â* yes, the shorts i have on now are hand-me-downs
from someone else and i've got AC/holes through the
pockets and they are about see through from being
worn so much.Â* i don't wear them outside often as
i prefer to keep the direct sun off my skin most
of the time.Â* just a few minutes here or there for
Vit D and that's it.Â* t-shirt is a few years old
but a work shirt so it has a life span of another
five to ten years.Â* my shoes, i just added a good
layer of rubber to the gardening crocs so they
should last another 10-15 years.Â* i don't spend
money on clothes that often.Â* the used goods
stores are places i will go first.Â* i do need a
replacement pair of jeans for my old ones which
have lasted about 10yrs.Â* i only wear them when
we go out and about.Â* my work pants for the gardens
are hand-me-downs that were going to get thrown
away (i could have had another 15 pair but
compromised at five pair).Â* i suspect they will
last me the rest of my lifetime, very sturdy work
pants from a friend who's company was bought out
by another so they changed the uniform.
unfortunately the shirts were not to my suiting.

George, up early giving the dawg her meds, everyone in this
household
has a bottle of something the doctors said was good for us.
Tomorrow I
will be 78 years old and I don't expect any presents either. G I'm
aiming, eventually for 100 or more, yeah, that works, sure!

Â*Â*Â* Â* congrats and all that on the BD and being
around and still kicking.Â*

Â*Â*Â* songbird

I'm also very pleased by outliving most of my high school males in my
class. Several died in Vietnam and other fights, some just fell over
dead one day, and a few were deliberately killed by someone who didn't
like them. I liked most of my class mates but a few I cheered when I
read their names in the paper. Every small high school seems to have a
cluster of a-holes, mostly the jocks. Seems most of the women in that
small class are still alive, I don't go to reunion's very often so
don't see to many from 1957. Wife is on a tear again so I'm laying
low, she gets frantic about her garden and yard and then goes wild.
Tried to get her to let me hire someone for that stuff but she insists
on doing it herself, even with grands and greatgrands two blocks away.
Some of her ancestors were Germans and you know how hard headed they
are. G

George

I'll be 78 in a couple of months.Â* Went to an all boys Catholic high
school and for past 10 years there have been reunions for just the guys
but our 60th a couple of months ago included wives.Â* It is bitter sweet
to go their and last one, a classmate I recall jogging in the park
about
a year ago was wheeled in by his wife now suffering from dementia and
Parkinson's.Â* Everybody now looks old which means I look old too.
The guys that look best are those still working or very active.

The class jock, who is really a nice guy, now suffers dementia.Â* I
recalled him telling me that when he played college football, the whole
season he was in a fog.Â* His dementia may be due to that.

Hi Frank! In case I miss the up and coming date, happy birthday ahead of
time!

Thanks.Â* I know seniors my age that tell me they no longer buy green
bananas.

Frank

I'm still laughing, I buy green bananas, is that okay at my age.

I'm getting a new Trex deck and Trex has 30 year warranty. Next year I
may get a new roof and warranties now are even longer. It would be nice
to be around when these warranties run out. I don't buy extended
warranties as the normal 1-3 year warranties could be lifetime warranties.