Old 29-09-2017, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default Gaps between raised beds

In article ,
says...

I'm in the process of building a couple of raised beds from scaffolding
planks. 4ft x 12ft. If the weather's reasonable I'll try to make one
of them this weekend, but before I do the next one I have to decide on
the width of the gap. Was going to say 3ft, but laying it out on the
existing lawn, that seems unnecessarily wide and wasteful. Will I be
forever annoyed by 2ft6? Can I go even smaller?

Peter

I'd go for 3 ft. Plenty of space to wheel a laden barrow, or
sit/kneel on your garden kneeler to weed the beds,

Also, you want to be able to walk between the beds after rain,
without getting soaked by wet plants.

Janet