Old 30-09-2017, 05:39 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Opinicus[_3_] Opinicus[_3_] is offline

Default unknown bush rose

On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 16:05:34 +0100, Willi_9
wrote:

It has no frangrance at a first glace. But I stuck my nose right into
the petals and noticed a light perfume. In terms of perfumes I would
call it feminine and summerly ... but all in all it is not a
noteworthy feature.

So it's not what I thought it was then. On Heybeli Island in Istanbul
there is (was?) a patch of roses that either had escaped into the wild
or else were once part of the garden of a vanished Ottoman-period
mansion. Their ancestors must have been what are called "yediveren" in
Turkish (prolific, everblooming, semperflorens) roses and though their
blossoms were not much to look at, their fragrance was intoxicating.
Efforts to propagate them elsewhere failed.

Have a nice day.

Likewise.

--
Bob
St Francis would have done better to preach to the cats