Old 01-10-2017, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Confused plants

Last week Cercis occidentalis had a few flowers on it; the leaves were
normal and had not started to change into their autumn colour.

A few minutes ago I looked at the Aesculus pavia v. atrosanguinea to see
if its leaves, which were yellow-brown last week, had fallen off yet,
and if the fruits had fallen off too. Well, the leaves hadn't (although
the fruits had) and amazingly the plant was in full flower!

I've noticed a number of shrubs where next spring's buds are already
well formed, and, in my opinion, look about ready to open now rather
than in a few months.

--

Jeff