Old 01-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Wildthyme Wildthyme is offline
Registered User

Location: England
Default Advice needed for moving a Holly tree.

Hello I've wanted holly tree in my garden for awhile and don't want to buy one as most are too small. I've located one in the wild in a hedge row (on land I own) but could do with some advice on how to move it. I've tried moving one to my garden before (twice) the first one died and the other just about clung on but is half dead and going to take ages to grow now.

Is it a bad time of year to move such a tree? The one I've located looks like its about to flower. Also is there any difference between the ones with red berries and ones with no berries? The leaves on these trees dark green and spiky (except not spiky strangely on the one I've got my eye on).