Old 02-10-2017, 08:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default Advice needed for moving a Holly tree.

Wildthyme @gardenbanter.uk wrote:

Thanks for the replies, the tree is just under 6ft, I'm going to
transplant it I'm determined, I'm young and fit enough to manage it.
From what I can gather the soil needs to be wet around it before digging
up and the soil around the roots needs to be maintained otherwise the
roots will dry up? Also I was hoping someone could tell me the best time
of year to attempt this. Thanks.

In parts where holly grows the best time to transplant is NOW!