Old 08-10-2017, 02:08 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default october already!

On 10/7/2017 6:31 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/7/2017 2:27 PM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/7/2017 12:39 PM, Frank wrote:
On 10/7/2017 9:48 AM, George Shirley wrote:
On 10/7/2017 7:52 AM, Frank wrote:

Interesting.Â* I got mine back a couple of weeks ago and it was
unusual. I thought I was half Italian and half Lithuanian but
Italian part is only 20% and rest is central and eastern European.
14% European Jew which I guess means the tribes of that region that
migrated to Europe.

One daughter in laws sister is into genealogy and is a member of
the DAR.Â* She had the test and found 2% African and demanded her
parents take the test to see where it came from.Â* My daughter in
law thinks this is funny and when I asked her what she thought she
said it just means an ancestor was adventuresome.Â* Our new
granddaughter is 1% African and I told my lawyer son that it is
good and would qualify her as a minority who could become a law
professor at Harvard.

I think it's funny too. Probably most folks including Swede's etc.
have African blood. People are people when it comes to getting it on.

I was surprised that neither wife or I had any african trace.Â* Her
and a son had done theirs before me.Â* Her parents were of Greek
extraction born in Turkey.Â* She had told me that I was responisble
for the 7% European Jew in our son and I figured that her family
lines were closer to that area but she was right.Â* I sent my results
to my brother and told him he did not need to get his.

That's the people are people thing again. Ma Nature is always at work.

I still have all my facilities but they just do not work as well.Â* I
walked 2 miles this morning but was walking 4 last year. Kness
started bothering me doing it every day. Mentioned that I am giving
up hunting as all I have access to is public land and not being
handicapped cannot hunt the closest stands.Â* Last year I had to walk
a mile and a quarter to reach the assigned stand in muzzle loader
season.Â* Also getting up at 3 am to get on the road by 4 and get
there by 5 to claim stand drawn in lottery is no fun.Â* I was almost
late getting the stand because of road construction.

Tell me about it, took one of those tests to see how smart you are
many years ago, came out with an IQ of 145, I would bet now that it is
half that now. G

Went to my shooting club yesterday after over 4 months and was
surprised how poor shooting was until I started practicing.Â* Things
really get out of tune without practice.Â* I do have early stage AMD
which affects target accquisition.

I mentioned before, I think, I was a gunsmith, ran a gun shop, hunted
every season, built my own guns from old military rifles, my favorite
is a 6.5 that I built on a Italian rifle from WWII with a new barrel,
stock, etc. Put down a lot of deer and hogs with it. Have five
firearms and a pistol in the gun cabinet near by and just clean them
annually. My grandsons want nothing to do with weapons or hunting so I
will probably sell them one day. Can't walk in the field or woods,
can't afford a hunting lease, don't want to go into public lands
during hunting season since I saw the results in the newspaper.Â* Life
is a bitch and then you die. Old Texas words.

Most important to maintain is mental facilities.Â* My father spent 5
years in a nursing home with multi infarct dementia after a stroke.
He died at 88.Â* One of my classmates, the best athlete, just died of
dementia.Â* He excelled in all sports but won a football scholarship
to Maryland and was drafted by the pros.Â* He only spent a year there
as at 6 feet tall and only 200 pounds was too small.Â* Could have been
head trauma but I've seen it in a lot of non-athletic friends.

Wife met our new family doctor yesterday and was given dementia test.
She said this morning, "I don't think I needed that test, what do you
think?"Â* Then said, "Don't answer that."

Mine does that occasionally, I just smile gently and go on about my
business with the smile still on. I haven't had a dementia test, YET.

Forgot about your gun business.Â* Our sons take no interest in hunting
but all have guns as do the married ones wives.Â* One's father in law is
retired and has a thriving holster business.Â* Makes them out of Kydex
and if he cannot get a model for the mold but enough orders he buys them
for his company tax exempt.

Our new family doctor appears very young and probably just follows
latest medicare mandate on the test and I would not be surprised if you
could google up the test and find all the questions and answers.

I like what one elderly woman told me, that her hard drive was so full,
it took longer to retrieve the answer.

I believe that too, was trying to remember where I put my old family
genealogy and couldn't find it nor could I remember what it was. I think
I know where a hidden copy is on this computer so I will look for it
tomorrow and see if it is possible to get to it. Lost a couple of
computers a while back but managed to get the stuff needed most back, I
think. Here's the old geezer who, as a child and grown man too could
find anything I ever had. I hate forgetting stuff but I guess it goes
with getting older and older. I don't mind getting old, but I don't like
my mind going whacky.