Old 11-10-2017, 06:19 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default review: Red Holland versus Grey Griselle Shallot

On 10/11/2017 06:14 AM, Iggy wrote:
replying to T, Iggy wrote:
Great review and very useful growing tips! However, I'm the opposition. I
never understood the use of onions nor any of their cousins in anything and
only found them overpowering and extremely detracting. I took them out of
everything to find all was improved with ingredient flavors now being
noticeably robust and enjoyed.

Maybe you are reacting to the sulfur content?

Can you eat broccoli? Some folks react badly to the
sulfur in broccoli and can not stand being around it
because of the smell that most of us can not smell.

Also, I am a Primal drug free diabetic. I can taste
things far better than when I was addicted to the
modern diet of extreme high carbs that injured me in the
first place. (T2 Diabetes is an injury, not a disease.)

So, maybe I react differently to onions than others.
I certainly did not care for then before cleaning up my
diet. And my tastes did change. Before, I thought my loss
of taste was "old age sucks". Now I can taste nuances
I only vaguely remember from my childhood.