Old 11-10-2017, 07:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default review: Red Holland versus Grey Griselle Shallot

Iggy wrote:
replying to T, Iggy wrote:
Great review and very useful growing tips! However, I'm the opposition. I
never understood the use of onions nor any of their cousins in anything and
only found them overpowering and extremely detracting. I took them out of
everything to find all was improved with ingredient flavors now being
noticeably robust and enjoyed.

i love onions and garlic, green forms, raw,
cooked, carmelized, roasted, deep fried, blenderized,
etc.

i am not quite at the stage where i would
eat an onion like an apple, but some of them
that we grow are very mild and could be
eaten that ways.

the garlic i grow is pretty strong. eating
it raw will make your gums and tongue go numb
for a while.

i like green garlic in the spring as the
first crop. since i'm trying to weed it out of
a patch there is always plenty.

different tastes for different people.

songbird