Old 17-10-2017, 03:58 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Cordyline Australis not growing straight

On 17/10/17 12:51, Fulhamboy70 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I’ve just signed up as I’m struggling to find an answer to a problem I
have with my Cordyline Australis. I have searched and can’t find
anything similar, we planted our Australis 3 years ago to go with one
that was already in the garden. It has done really well but the trunk is
quite narrow and was getting blown over in the wind so it has been
staked for the past 2 years but it has grown in an S shape.
It looks really healthy and is still growing really well, but I don’t
know what to do about straightening it out ??
Thinking back, I’m not sure I dug a deep enough hole for it when I
planted it

My photos are too big so I will resize them and post them.

Many Thanks
Dave

I wouldn't try to straighten it out, particularly if it's growing well.
Are all the plants shown here straight?
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22cordyline+australis%22&lr=&hl=en-GB&as_qdr=all&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved= 0ahUKEwiWrInW8ffWAhVMLVAKHcPTDNsQiR4IuAI&biw=1358& bih=566

--

Jeff