Old 20-10-2017, 02:51 PM
stevejdowning's Avatar
stevejdowning stevejdowning is offline
Registered User

Location: Falmouth, UK
Default Mystery disease attacking evergreen shrubs - please help identify

Hi folks,

First time post on Garden Banter. To business.

I've attached three photos taken yesterday. They show a disease which is attacking evergreen shrubs, such as myrtle and azalea, owned by people for whom I work as a gardener. The leaves go brown, with darker spots, as shown, then fall off. Maybe the shrubs will grow new leaves next year, but intuitively I am not hopeful.

If you could help ID the pathogen and suggest a preventative/curative measure, I'd be pretty blimmin grateful.

Yours,

Steve
Attached Thumbnails
Mystery disease attacking evergreen shrubs - please help identify-2017-10-disease01.jpg   Mystery disease attacking evergreen shrubs - please help identify-2017-10-disease02.jpg   Mystery disease attacking evergreen shrubs - please help identify-2017-10-disease03.jpg