Old 23-10-2017, 03:55 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default a few bean pics

Bloke Down The Pub wrote:
That Red Goats Eye, which google seems not to recognise, look remarkably
like an Adzuki, which is the only bean I have had good results from.

no, they are definitely not adzuki beans, i've grown
them here before and they do very poorly (we'd need a
longer season).

google would not likely recognize the name since i
just made it up.

I tell
a lie I did have success growing Broad Beans but nobody in the family really
liked them.

aka fava beans... there seems to be a large number
of ways to prepare them, but i cannot recall ever
eating any of them myself.

i'm really enjoying the scarlet runner beans and
the flowers keep the humming birds around happy.

songbird