Old 26-10-2017, 12:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Can anyone advise about a Victoria plum tree (two issues)?

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017 19:23:33 +0100, Jeff Layman
wrote:

Are you in the UK? If so, where did you get your Boardeaux Mixture? Its
use by amateurs in the EU has been banned for a couple of years (see
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=820). The only copper
product approved (copper oxychloride) is for use on grapes.

I hope there will be a review of withdrawn chemicals after we Brexit,
but I'm not holding my breath. :-(

Even if growers are allowed to use some again would produce that had
been treated with them be allowed to be imported in to the EU, sounds
like a potential way to bugger up any market for British produce that
may remain.

At least exports of Pork will be saving on transport costs,
All these wishes by those in favour of leaving for the UK to be free
from the influence of the EU even when the UK has left is leading to a
surfeit of Pigs with wings.

G.Harman