Old 26-10-2017, 05:08 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default first hard frost

On 10/26/2017 9:54 AM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 10/26/2017 8:14 AM, songbird wrote:
Â*Â* last night it was.

Â*Â* with the forecast yesterday calling for it i
went out and pulled up the lima beans and picked
off the last pods that had any depth to them.

Â*Â* the dry ones that weren't rotting from all the
rain i have finishing up in a box top, the green
ones i cooked up last night or ate them as i was
shelling.

Â*Â* today is clear and cool.Â* we're going to start
working on fixing up part of the fence along the
back today.Â* it's been smashed down by wild
grape vines and the deer are coming through there
so we need to cut away the vines and lift it
back up.

Â*Â* pretty much back to more normal weather now
instead of the high 70s we had right before the
rains came through.

Â*Â* songbird

Â* We haven't had a hard frost yet , but yesterday there was ice on the
table I used to butcher the deer I shot on Monday morning .

Â* --

Â* Snag

Our lowest temp so far was 44F yesterday morning. I've started wearing
long pants but, so far, still wearing T shirts. The dog is wanting to
get under her blanket so she is now feeling the chill.

George