Old 27-10-2017, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default first hard frost

On Thursday, October 26, 2017 at 11:35:47 AM UTC-4, songbird wrote:
last night it was.

with the forecast yesterday calling for it i
went out and pulled up the lima beans and picked
off the last pods that had any depth to them.

the dry ones that weren't rotting from all the
rain i have finishing up in a box top, the green
ones i cooked up last night or ate them as i was
shelling.

today is clear and cool. we're going to start
working on fixing up part of the fence along the
back today. it's been smashed down by wild
grape vines and the deer are coming through there
so we need to cut away the vines and lift it
back up.

pretty much back to more normal weather now
instead of the high 70s we had right before the
rains came through.

songbird

We're expecting frost here in the Baltimore area tonight. My wife asked me to cover the few remaining tomato and pepper cages in hopes of getting a few more days for them. Next frost warning, we pick whatever is out there and call it a season.

Paul