Old 29-10-2017, 03:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Janet is offline

Default When to take in evergreen agapanthus

In article ,
says...

I've been given a big potted agapanthus of a sort I've never grown
before - wide leaved, so I assume non-hardy. I will keep it in a barely
heated conservatory over winter (just frost free). It doesn't look like
it needs potting on.

I'm fairly sure it would be happiest left outside as long as possible,
but I'm not sure just how tender these things are? Should I let it see
a few light frosts, and keep its time inside to a minimum, or will that
make it turn up its toes?

I assume I should keep watering to a minimum until the spring.

I live on the mild wet west coast of Scotland. Narrow and wide-leaved
agapanthus are fully hardy in my garden, unprotected both in beds and
pots. Some retain leaves in winter others don't.They all stand a few
degrees of short frost here.

Janet.