Old 24-11-2017, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jim S Jim S is offline

Default Epsom salts - uses?

On Fri, 24 Nov 2017 15:56:09 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

On 24 Nov 2017 15:29:41 GMT, David wrote:

Emptying out one of the sheds and I've got back as far as the brewing
equipment.

This includes a very large plastic bag of Epsom salts.

A quick search around suggests there may be benefits including helping
plants to green up.

However it may take many years to work through the bag.

I'm reluctant to just chuck it but also reluctant to store it for another
20 years.

Cheers

Dave R

Magnesium is a useful fertiliser for a range of reasons, but in
moderation I think. It's an essential component in chlorophyll, and
magnesium deficiency can result in chlorosis of the leaves. I can
vouch for the fact that it makes the colour of rose 'New Dawn' richer.
But if you've got more than you can ever use, I'm sure your local
allotment group would be glad to have it, if you've got one.

Vaguely remember using it on yellowing tomato leaved plants.
--
Jim S