Old 25-11-2017, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David[_24_] David[_24_] is offline

Default Epsom salts - uses?

On Sat, 25 Nov 2017 00:48:31 +0000, David wrote:

On 24/11/2017 22:02, Jim White wrote:
In message
David wrote:

[snip]

This includes a very large plastic bag of Epsom salts.

[snip]
Not gardening centric, but you can make your own bath salts, and it's
good for sofening hard skin on yer tootsies :-)

But what is a large plastic bag?
I've bought it in 10lb tubs and 1/2 cwt sacks What is large to one
person is small to another.
if you have had tins of Epsom Salts then a 1kilo bag could be described
as large.

Haven't weighed it but probably 10 Kg+ in a heavy duty clear plastic bag.
Originally bought as a water treatment for use when brewing beer yea these
many years ago.

I could use it in a bath but I usually shower.

Small garden, mainly lawn at the moment.

The most likely candidates are citrus trees in pots outdoors (under
shelter for the moment). Plus a grape vine and a wisteria in "temporary"
pots.

Lawn is due to go next year (or the year after....)

Cheers

Dave R

---