Old 30-11-2017, 01:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default seed tapes

In article ,
stuart noble wrote:
These sound like a good idea but they would only seem to be worthwhile
if the seeds are too small to handle. As a bit of a novice with veggies,
what are the varieties that would fall into this category? I suppose
carrots to start with...

AND if you can rely on nearly 100% successful germination. In my
garden, I get c. 80% but only c. 30% of the time; the rest, I get
rates of as low of as a few percent. That's carrots - other things
mostly do better, though a few do worse. As a result, I have to sow
more densely, resow if that fails, and thin out when I get success.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.