Old 30-11-2017, 03:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default seed tapes

On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 2:20:31 PM UTC, Martin Brown wrote:
On 29/11/2017 18:49, stuart noble wrote:
These sound like a good idea but they would only seem to be
worthwhile if the seeds are too small to handle. As a bit of a novice
with veggies, what are the varieties that would fall into this
category? I suppose carrots to start with... Many thanks

Even so learning to handle fine seeds with a small valley made of folded
stiff paper and gently stroking it to get an even run of seeds is better
value for money. You get a lot more loose seeds for the same price.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

That's my line of thinking at the moment, except the piece of paper should ideally be longer than A4 to get the spacing about right. I suppose a strip of lining paper could work.
I'll also do a test to see whether masking or packaging tapes are water soluble. If so they could hold the seeds in place and allow the strip to be rolled and stored for later use.