Old 12-12-2017, 08:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Holly flowering time

On 11/12/2017 19:40, David wrote:
RHS says that holly flowers in the spring with berries in the autumn.

Our holly seems to be just coming into flower at the moment.
I think it is female (although no berries on it). Either way it seems an
odd time of year to flower.

Is this just climate change?

It is confused. Like quite a few spring flowering plants this year.

I have some azaleas in flower and other spring flowering plants were on
the verge of flowering until this -7C cold snap zapped them.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown