Old 16-12-2017, 04:31 PM posted to msn.forums.gardening.lawns,msn.forums.gardening.pests,msn.forums.homeandgarden.general,rec.gardens,rec.gardens
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default What is making these holes in the front lawn overnight thathappen often?

On 10/29/2017 7:37 PM, Ant wrote:
On 10/29/2017 5:59 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 10/29/2017 12:06 PM, Ant wrote:
https://i.imgur.com/GUHwN5A.jpg from a local rural So(uthern)
CA(lifornia) house. Gophers? Deers? Dogs? Squirrels? I doubt it is the
ants even though there are Red Imported Fire and Argentine ants' mounds.

The next door neighbors' lawns don't even have this problem. What is
missing and how to stop these dig ups?

Thank you in advance.

I have seen this damage from squirrels burying acorns and nuts.* I have
also seen this from birds hunting worms and grubs.* This definitely does
not look like gopher, raccoon, or dog damage.* Since deer are browsers
(eating shrubs) and not grazers (eating grass), I strongly doubt this is
deer damage.* I am not sure about opossums.

Squirrels and birds make more sense since I have seen them here before.
In fact, we saw a standing squirrel outside the kitchen window about a
couple weeks ago: https://i.imgur.com/g4lX3A4.jpg ...

I am still puzzled why they don't hit the adjacent neighbors' grassy
lawns! :/

Do the neighbors use insecticides to kill grubs?