Old 17-12-2017, 10:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden[_7_] Bob Hobden[_7_] is offline

Default Snapdragons - funny old world

On 17 Dec 2017 14:54, Jim S wrote:
On 17 Dec 2017 12:20:31 GMT, David wrote:

Bought a couple of snapdragons to brighten up a bed, and planted them side
by side.
The pink one is still flowering but the white one isn't.

I have no idea why they should behave differently.

Cheers

Dave

I find them the best and longest flowering bedding plants. Pinching-out and
deadheading turns them into perennials although they get quite tall and
woody. I've never tried cuttings, but that probably works too.

I find I can keep them going for a couple of years but not much
longer. Cuttings do work and I've done that with some self seeders
that came up a stunning dark mauve. In fact it's rather interesting
saving seed to see what you get, I started with all pink and got
cream, mauve, yellow white....
all were beautiful too.

--
Regards