Old 06-01-2018, 04:03 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default Winter Gardening

On 01/05/2018 06:43 PM, Pavel314 wrote:
On Friday, January 5, 2018 at 8:12:54 PM UTC-5, songbird wrote:

It is too cold here to over winter anything that grown above ground.
My garlic and shallots (old for the tops) seem to be enjoying the cold.

If it does not rain in two weeks, I will give everyone a quick
spritz.

Goji's have gone dormant. Chock berries, who knows, it
was the second round of bare roots I put in the ground.
Bill Berries seeds, I will have to wait and see.
Supposedly, they "require" the cold to germinate.

Oh, and I GOT WEEDS! I have a beautiful green carpet of grass
shoots and wild carrot tops. When I get enough sunlight, I
will vinegar them. I was hoping the cold would kill them, but
it only made them germinate.

Death to Weeds!
Death to Earwigs!

:-)