Old 16-01-2018, 09:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Where can I find Sekai Ichi apple in UK or Europe?

On 13/01/2018 16:13, hereistay wrote:
Hi!
I'm searching for Sekai Ichi grafted plants or scion-woods.
It is a Japanese cultivar and it is available in USA but I can't find
anything about in Europe.

This lot which seem to be an offshoot of a US firm have it in their
pollenation database. I wonder how well it will do in the UK though.

https://www.orangepippintrees.co.uk/...er.aspx?v=1899

Size isn't everything and although they are like the melons sold for
incredible prices in Japan you may well tire of them. They are a
supposedly a cross between "Golden delicious" and "Red Delicious".

They aren't shy in its description "literally" "worlds No #1" apple.

I do grow a variety of Japanese nashi pear and it is pot luck whether
the season is long enough for it to ripen (or the flowers get frosted
and no fruit sets at all). You may be better off picking an apple
variety more suited for UK climate at our higher latitude.

Please, can you help me?
Thank you very much!

I guess it depends if you like soft sweet ~1kg eating apples.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown