Old 30-01-2018, 12:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default weeds?

In article ,
Chris Hogg wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2018 01:39:25 -0800 (PST), stuart noble
wrote:

I've been asked to clear a patch of land to make it more bee friendly.

Not an expert on flowers, but there are a lot of these plants. Could
someone identify them? Should I get rid? Thanks for any advice

http://i66.tinypic.com/350scax.jpg

Sorry, don't know how to format that as a link. Need help on that too! :-)

I'm not sure whether the first is a speedwell or a deadnettle, but I
think probably the former.
https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?PID=326

No, not speedwell - that picture is deceptive. Possibly ground ivy,
but more likely a dead nettle, and there are other possibilities.
All bee-friendly, anyway.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.