Old 31-01-2018, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default weeds?

In article ,
John Williamson wrote:
On 31/01/2018 08:45, Martin Brown wrote:
On 30/01/2018 19:55, stuart noble wrote:

Thank you both. These detailed replies do make one lazy!
As we have a park next door with plenty of wild flowers, I might
concentrate on something a bit more cottage garden ish.

In that case try foxglove, toadflax, anthirrhinum, honesty, teasel.
(all will self seed enough to be perpetual)

You will probably never get rid of teasel so be careful what you wish
for. And of the shrubs buddleias and heathers would be my choices.

If there are children around, I'd avoid foxglove to avoid any slight
chance of them getting poisoned by it. Admittedly, it takes some effort,
but you never know...

I wouldn't. Outside fiction, such poisoning is essentially unknown,
and it isn't particularly toxic, anyway. Worry about some real risk,
such as toxocara - not that that is significant compared with, say,
using the roads.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.