Old 31-01-2018, 06:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pebs Pebs is offline

Default Portuguese Laurels - seriously prune/trim NOW?

Thanks, Charlie.

Shrewsbury is quite a mild location, so I gather from what you say we could opt for the pruning, and now.

Disappointing though to hear that the cold snaps won't have eliminated the vine weevils. This news really decides the issue. If the cold hasn't eliminated them, then any new growth we encourage will just be gobbled up, as before.

So it looks like we're going to have to eliminate the savaged Portuguese Laurels and replace them with a plant that the Weevils clearly don't like! But I like choisya!

Pebs.