Old 19-02-2018, 02:40 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default I got a surprise with my potted mini-rose

On 2/18/2018 3:43 PM, Frank wrote:
On 2/18/2018 4:23 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 2/18/2018 11:00 AM, songbird wrote:
Muggles wrote:
It is a terra cotta colored plastic pot with holes in the bottom, and
that plastic pot is sitting inside a metal decorative container
that has
no holes.

Geez ... I've purchased similar flowers dozens of times and never
ended
up with a baby snake.Â* Now, I'll have to check every one I want to buy
for snakes!
Â*Â* to me that would be a bonus.Â* i like snakes.Â*

Â*Â* songbird

Â*Â* Depends on what kind and where . Copperheads in the rose garden
get dead .

No problem with poisonous snakes here but my wife is deathly afraid of
them.

Â* We're not particularly afraid of them , just think there are some
places they don't belong . It was pure chance that I didn't get bit
while cleaning up some leaves and clutter while building the deck .
He/it struck the piece of glass in my hand ... big'un too , over 30" .
That makes 3 in the last 5 years , another was in the wood pile , and
one in some firewood out in the orchard that I was moving to the woodlot .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on