Old 19-02-2018, 01:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Worms

Beleted digging of veg plot at the weekend turned up a number
of worms (surprise surprise!)

What intrigued me was that all of them wrigled around as they
were turned over (as expected) then only a few burried
themselves back into the soil immediately. The others appeared
almost as if they were too dozy to move. Do worms hibernate or
sleep?

Going back later most of them seemed to have covered
themselves, but a few were still visible, but I don't know how
many the birds got.

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales