Old 25-02-2018, 09:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mr Pounder Esquire Mr Pounder Esquire is offline

Default Wild flower seed

alan_m wrote:
On 24/02/2018 18:09, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

But hey! I'm the guy that put grass seed down, covered it with 4
inches of soil and gave it a good stamping down :-)

That's the only way to stop the pigeons eating the grass seed.

Seemed to be a way of stopping the seed from germinating as well.
I was called many names for my actions. All beginning with "Stupid".
I seem to remember that Mr Hogg sorted me out. He did not call me stupid.

The soil and the seed (when done again) replaced four flower beds that
refused to grow anything after 8 years of years of failure and humiliation.
Stupid flower beds!
Now, when mowing the lawn I can't really see where the (stupid) flower beds
were.