Old 26-02-2018, 10:47 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
T[_4_] T[_4_] is offline

Default borer resistant squish

On 12/18/2017 04:51 AM, songbird wrote:
just reading along in another forum and
came across this and thought i would post it
here for T.

Tromboncino (a.k.a Zucchetta Rampicante)

a very long squash, can be harvested young
and used like zukes, but also runs a long vine
which will root at the junctions so it is
resistant to squash borer damage.

if left to grow long it also is a winter
squash. once it hits seed stage the vine
will stop producing so have to keep it picked.

songbird

Hi Songbird,

Yup it is a summer squash and definitely on a T2's menu!
70 days to fruit.

https://www.rareseeds.com/zucchino-rampicante-squash/

The reviews mentioned "borers" left it alone as
you mentioned. Now for one squash bugs leave alone!

I have been growing ronde de nice, which are 50 days to fruit.

https://www.rareseeds.com/ronde-de-nice-squa/

I am not sure with the very short growing season, that I
would be successful at 70 days. My 70 day + peppers
only give me one picking before the freeze.

Thank you!

-T