Old 01-04-2018, 02:09 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default trellis for beans

Ecnerwal wrote:
Sure, it's weeks to last frost, but peas and carrots should go in now
(I'm east, but similar latitude) as they don't really mind the cold, and
the dang peas seem to thrive on it. My usual problem is getting them in
too late (an organized person, which I'm often not as work and gardening
clash in time crunches, would have a bed set and read to go for those
crops before snow fell.)

i'm not planting anything when the temperatures are still
well below freezing at night (last night, next week two days
below 20 in the forecast, etc.).

once the overnight lows stay more in the 40s then it may
be possible.

songbird