Old 24-04-2018, 11:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
songbird[_2_] songbird[_2_] is offline

Default House plants

Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* Couldn't find a newsgroup that addresses house plants , so I'll ask
here . I have recently started with African violets , and have a
question . I have the plants in a bathroom because it's more humid on
average . The question is about light , the lights in that bathroom are
on 24/7 , we use it as a night light . I got to wondering if this is bad
for the African violets . The spider plant in there has been doing very
well , as have other plants . There is also a planter of Achimenes in
there , and since it's related to the violets I wonder about it too .
They're not showing any signs of stress , but I still wonder if this is
the best thing for them .

i'm pretty sure that all plants have a time of
resting at night and may over the long term need
it to be healthy.

i'd put a much smaller/dimmer night light in
a hallway or other location that will ligth the
way well enough but not interfere in your own
health (having any light on all night isn't
good for people either).

songbird