Old 25-04-2018, 03:30 AM posted to rec.gardens
Terry Coombs Terry Coombs is offline

Default House plants

On 4/24/2018 5:51 PM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:

Â* Couldn't find a newsgroup that addresses house plants , so I'll ask
here . I have recently started with African violets , and have a
question . I have the plants in a bathroom because it's more humid on
average . The question is about light , the lights in that bathroom are
on 24/7 , we use it as a night light . I got to wondering if this is bad
for the African violets . The spider plant in there has been doing very
well , as have other plants . There is also a planter of Achimenes in
there , and since it's related to the violets I wonder about it too .
They're not showing any signs of stress , but I still wonder if this is
the best thing for them .

i'm pretty sure that all plants have a time of
resting at night and may over the long term need
it to be healthy.

i'd put a much smaller/dimmer night light in
a hallway or other location that will ligth the
way well enough but not interfere in your own
health (having any light on all night isn't
good for people either).

songbird

I'll move the plants ... the way the house is laid out we can't see the
light . It's just to keep from running into thing on those midnight
bathroom runs .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on