Old 25-04-2018, 06:29 PM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] penmart01@aol.com is offline

Default House plants

On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:06:14 -0500, Terry Coombs
wrote:

On 4/25/2018 8:48 AM, songbird wrote:
Terry Coombs wrote:
* That bathroom light gives just enough in the bedroom to see the dog
... ever tripped over a 70+ pound dog when you got up in the night to pee ?

no pets here (other than the worms ).

i like animals and such, but other people's pets
are enough for me. i sure don't want any of my own
at the moment. i don't like noise in general and am
a fairly light sleeper sometimes. night time agents
of chaos go firmly outside (Flintstones, meet the
Flintstones...) and stay there until they meet their
maker/hunter/coyote/vehicle/etc.

songbird

* I've had dogs almost all my life , wouldn't know what to do without
one . Max is a great alarm system , we know right away when we have
company . He's also very protective of us , a good thing out here in the
woods . I suspect the local bear was up the hill this morning , Max was
going nuts wanting to go up there - which is unusual . His breed -
Mountain Cur - was bred for hunting , herding , and protection by early
settlers in the Appalachians . I have no doubt he'd tackle a bear ,
though the outcome is uncertain .

You don't want your pet dog taking on a bear, a 75 pound dog has no
chance against a 300 pound black bear... a bear is stronger, faster,
and can even climb trees. This mommy with babies was hanging out in
my yard about a month ago:
https://postimg.cc/image/tzmmbsnzv/
https://postimg.cc/image/blc37xeaz/
The only chance your hunting dog could have is if it's toting a .30
caliber rifle.