Old 26-02-2018, 11:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
david david is offline

Default Trees and Rhubarb

On 26/02/2018 22:26, Nick Maclaren wrote:
In article ,
Vir Campestris wrote:
On 26/02/2018 19:54, TheChief wrote:
Is it too late to be seriously pruning copper beech and silver
birch trees before the start of the season?

Birch is notorious for bleeding. We were cutting some (different) trees
last weekend, and were surprised by how much sap came out. But then,
we're much further south (Hunts/Cambs border)

On the other hand, beech is a good hedging plant, and can be pruned
at any time of year. Now is perhaps the best time.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Have you thought of birch sap wine
https://www.permaculture.co.uk/video...birch-sap-wine