Old 20-03-2018, 03:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Moving crocuses

On 19/03/2018 18:19, Chris Hogg wrote:
On Sun, 18 Mar 2018 17:49:28 +0000, Martin Brown
wrote:

I have a handful of unusual crocuses in flower I would like to move.
When is the best time to move them in order to avoid losses?

I have marked their location but can I move them in the green like with
snowdrops or for best result should I wait for the foliage to die back?
(I believe it is the latter but would appreciate guidance on what it
might be possible to get away with)

There is only about half a dozen in total so I can't afford losses.

AFAIK crocuses don't have to be moved 'in the green'. It is said that
snowdrops are best so moved because they dry out very easily, but

Which is odd because once established they take over.

If they were mine I wait until the foliage started to die down and
then move them, but before the foliage was completely dead.

That is what I am hoping to do. Thanks for the reassurance.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown