Old 02-03-2003, 12:03 PM
samuel l crowe

Default Slow Germinating Tomatoes?

soak the seeds in a weak green tea solution over night before planting, that
helps on seeds that are not very viable.

--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach SC

"Fleemo" wrote in message
om...
Did you plant them too deep?

I don't believe so. I planted all the different varieties at about
the same depth, roughly about 1/8" deep. All the other varieties
germinated rather quickly. Just not a single Cherokee Purple, and
only one out of nine Sun Golds. Makes me think that there's something
funky with the seed I received.

I wonder if these seeds need some kind of scarification or other
pre-planting process in order to germinate?

Thanks for the growing info. My seeds didn't come with much in the
way of planting information. I'll try sowing another round of seeds,
see if I have any better luck.

-Fleemo