Old 05-04-2018, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian Jackson Ian Jackson is offline

Default Can slugs swim?

In message , alan_m
writes
On 28/03/2018 09:06, wrote:

Yes I did the same in an enclosed water butt, knocked bit fat slug
off above the water line he spiralled to the bottom but was back the
following morning!

Make Your Own Slug Nematodes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gg1cosZY6k0

In my compost bins, slugs (and, for that matter, woodlice) seem to do
just as good a job as worms at consuming and excreting what I put in.
Some of the slugs are real beauties - all shiny and black, or
fluorescent orange - and often 3+" long. If I find any in the garden I
usually transfer them to one of the bins, where they can live for the
rest of their lives in total luxury.
--
Ian