Old 05-04-2018, 09:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Can slugs swim?

On 05/04/2018 08:31, Ian Jackson wrote:
In my compost bins, slugs (and, for that matter, woodlice) seem to do
just as good a job as worms at consuming and excreting what I put in.
Some of the slugs are real beauties - all shiny and black, or
fluorescent orange - and often 3+" long. If I find any in the garden I
usually transfer them to one of the bins, where they can live for the
rest of their lives in total luxury.

It's spring today, and the frogs are having an orgy in the pond. Perhaps
that's why we don't have much of a slug problem?

Andy