Old 11-04-2018, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ideas for a sunny spot

This faces south, but gets direct sun only in summer, due to other
buildings. While it is the warmest spot in my garden, the garden
is cold and Erythrina crista-galli grew but flowered poorly (too
late, or not at all) and I have just lost lemon verbena. It's well
drained, though obviously not this winter :-(

I want something interesting, with no permanent foliage more than
2' high or so (it is in front of a window), though flower spikes
etc. could go up to 8'. It needs to be no more than 2-3' wide, too,
and not seriously thorny.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.