Old 13-04-2018, 11:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ideas for a sunny spot

In article ,
Jeff Layman wrote:

Yes, Feijoa/Acca /is/ hardy IMHO. I've never seen frost damage on it. In
our previous garden it flowered every year, and in that hot period in
the early "noughties" (maybe 2003?) I even got a kilo of fruit on it one
year! It made a very interesting chutney.

So far, although it has flowered here, I haven't seen any fruit forming.
Still, the petals are tasty enough.

I grew mine from seed, and it flowers sparsely, but has never set
fruit. Apparently, it is another fruit that we don't have an earthly
of ripening, due to lack of autumn sun.

But it is amusing to have been in the forefront of those of us that
proved that its 'tender' classification was simple nonsense.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.