Old 19-04-2018, 01:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default 6X Natural Fertiliser

In article ,
says...

On Wed, 18 Apr 2018 11:00:43 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Tue, 17 Apr 2018 11:57:14 +0100, Roger Tonkin
wrote:

Seen this advertised on Amazon a lot. Looks quite a good
product, but has anyone used it, and how good is it really as
opposed to the adverts

Although advertised as 6X (and I don't know what that means other than
being an advertising thing to impress), I see from the image of the
bag on Amazon that it's NPK figures are only 3:2.5:2, while good old
Growmore is 7:7:7. OK, so Growmore doesn't have all the extra fibre
that farm manure has, and I doubt that Growmore is organic, but if
anyone is just looking for a basic fertiliser, then Growmore is more
concentrated, so should go about twice as far, and weight for weight
is about the same price (6X is £0.77/kg, Growmore here
https://bit.ly/2ESnmA9 is £0.71/kg. Carriage not accounted for in
either).

I meant to say in the original post, tthat the only 6X that I
know is a rather nice pint from a Wiltshire brewery whose name
I can not remember Age is getting to me.

An amendment to my original post:

I was looking at this https://amzn.to/2HIfd49 which is the 6X Natural
Fibrous Fertiliser in the red bag and has the N:P:K 3:2.5:2 as I
quoted above.

Whereas the 6X Pelleted Poultry Manure is this https://amzn.to/2vqBIZb
in the green bag and is stronger, mainly with more nitrogen, and with
N:P:K figures of 5:3:2 .

But neither are as strong as Growmore at 7:7:7.

I was looking at the soil conditioning propeerties as well.
When they relaid my lawn they brought in a load of top soil
which was spread over the veggie plot as well. This soil is
alsom clay like slightly reddish and sticky, reluctant to break
up whraking so I was hoping the 6X would improve that as well
as add nutrients.

Thanks for all the responses.

--
Roger T