Old 19-04-2018, 05:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default 6X Natural Fertiliser

Roger Tonkin wrote:

I was looking at the soil conditioning propeerties as well.
When they relaid my lawn they brought in a load of top soil
which was spread over the veggie plot as well. This soil is
alsom clay like slightly reddish and sticky, reluctant to break
up whraking so I was hoping the 6X would improve that as well
as add nutrients.

Gypsum is recommended as a soil improver where clay is present,
but appears to be sold in garden centres as a proprietary product
costing over £6 for 2.5 kg.

On the other hand, I picked up a 25 kg bag of multi-finish
plaster for under £5, and AFAIK this is essentially the same
material. It worked very well.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK